Wednesday 28 August 2013

Krishna .....


Arshi as Krishna taken  some 2 year's back
Yesterday was Gokulasthami day-the birthday of Lord Krishna.I made some snacks as offering to God and did prayers in the evening.Hindu's usually put kolam with small leg prints coming to the house signifying that baby Krishna is coming to our house to join in the celebrations.I made some traditional snacks like Seedai,Thathai,aval payasam,appam,vadai along with milk,butter,curd as offering for the baby God that evening.




Lord Krishna has always been a person whom I often see  as  a friend rather than the almighty God.I have seen pictures of baby Krishna when I grew up.I remember seeing the innocent face of Krishna licking butter in a picture  in my Grandpa's house.When I was young my grandpa used to narrate stories from Mahabharatha and I also used to see the story in TV.It was very famous then.I used to dream of this Krishna in my dreams and of his mischievous behaviour. In our house we had a picture of Krishna tied up in a  ural by Yasoda , the mother of Krishna as he had done some mischief.I had dreamnt of that scene for many days.I had a  dream that I was lost in a   jungle just like Lord Krishna was and Krishna came to my rescue then. I remember I was only 6-7 years then.I had read about Kuchela's  story and though that if I become poor, there is Krishna to my rescue.I didn't realize that he was God.I still remember wearing Radha costume whereas my cousin used to be Lord Krishna and we used to go to our neighbour's house and invite them for Golu.Krishna has always been a fantasy character with kids I suppose, whom the kids could relate to themselves.I was introduced to Krishna/Kannan songs in my Bharathanatiyam class with songs like "Theeratha vilayathu pillai"(a Tamil song) among others. There were so many songs for which kids used to dance.Even Kids were taught to sing simple Krishnna Bhajans.As I grew up my friendship with him continued.Whenever I hear, "Kurai ondrum illai" my heart just melts .My another favourite Krishna song is Kuzhaloothi manamellam which I sang in my college when I was doing my under graduation and I had won first prize for that song in my college's music competition.I had sung this song in my college auditorium before all the college students.How is it that the same God is able  to attract both the young and the old  at the same time.We see him  more than a   God we pray for.Arshi was born by the divine blessings of Santhana Gopala Krishnar that too on a  Gokulasthami day.I always looked at the baby Krishna and baby Muruga pictures during my pregnancy period.What else should I say more than this.I saw Arshi as Krishna that day.Does it mean Krishna is my child?Am I his mother?Whom I had seen as   childhood friend, is a  child to me now.As I am growing, I  feel more inclined to the Bhagavath Geetha quotes he has recited and the favourite of them is "Geetha saaram" , which gives us the essence of life to do our duties without any expectation.May his divine blessings always be on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment