Wednesday 14 August 2013

August babies

Today India celebrates her 67 th birthday-I mean Independence.I taught Arshi the importance of independence and how hard India got its Independence 67 years back by the sacrifice of many freedom fighters.Though I am staying outside India, I think our roots will always be there.Just because a woman marries she doesn't need to forget her mother and her maternal home.This is my personal opinion.I think it is good to embrace the nation we have come to survive , respect its culture and national identity and at the same time remember your roots because it's from there you have come this far.I love both Singapore as well as India.I celebrate both their national days/ Independence days.Luckily for me, both of them fall in the same month of August and Arshi's birthday too is in this month.I think many immigrants will face this problem of identity crisis.It does hurt me.They will have  a problem of deciding which nation they should love.I say embrace both nations.Support both the nations at the time of crisis.Arshi feels herself more of  a Singaporean than an Indian as I had bough   her when she was just 1 year old.She has grown in this country.I try to teach her that her roots are from India and she should never forget them.Toady as part of Independence day I made her draw Indian flag and taught her the tri-colours of the national flag.She had learnt to draw India's flag from her Hindi class.But she had coloured it the wrong way round.I felt a little bit relieved after she drew them in the right colours today.I celebrated Singapore's national day too by waving Singapore flag and wearing red and white dress.I always respect both the nations and do not hesitate to show and express my love for both these nations I love them a lot.Some people may think just because I celebrate Singapore's national day I have forgotten my Indian roots or as I am staying in Singapore, I shouldn't celebrate my motherland India's Independence day, I think they have gotten me wrong.When we are in a foreign land, try to make yourself comfortable in that place by mingling with the  locals and try to understand their culture and if possible try to adapt yourself to it and make it your home.We won't feel at home if we don't accept the place or country we live .We may move to many parts of the world and to live harmoniously is important.I think I have balanced both in a way.I love my Indian roots as well as my Singaporean way of living.It all is there in your mind.



So August means celebrations throughout the month.Hindus have many religious festivals during this month and it seems even Gods like to celebrate during this month as Lord Krishna and Ganesha have their birthdays during this month.(Sometimes they celebrate during September too based on lunar signs).It's that time of the year we look forward to seek the almighty's blessings.So I think I can call August babies as the happiest babies all year long.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY INDIA AND SINGAPORE.AND TO ARSHI TOO WHO CELEBRATES HER BIRTHDAY TOMMOROW.AND TO LORD GANESHA AND KRISHNA TOO............AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL AUGUST BABIES IN THIS WORLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment