Thursday 22 August 2013

Today I spoke in radio !!!!!

Today I spoke in our local radio Oli 96.80 FM.I   answered a simple quiz over net and they called me over phone.I was conferred the title"today's ellam therihnda makkan" (one who knows everything for today).I won a  Bru packet and $50  multi -vitamin suppliment voucher which I hope won't be useful for me or any one in my family.We usually don't take health supplements as I feel there isn't any thing healthier or nutritious than our natural foods.And I don't drink coffee too.So thinking if I would use Bru in any way.neither does my hubby drink coffee.Now I feel myself  as a stupid to have entered a  contest even without knowing the prize.But what I cherish was my voice was on radio today and I got  a  chance to hear them.I was very nervous and didn't know what to speak.I somehow managed and only later did I realise that I had been talking only about Arshi and nothing else.They asked me about the questions and I answered them.Later they asked about my weekend plans.I told them that I had planned to take my kid(this time around I didn't mention  it as my daughter or Arsheitha or Arshi but only as en kuzhanthai or kid-i had used the term kid for  a   7 year old.Arshi would be upset if she hears them.She feels she is a  grown up already) to night fest and they further asked me my weekend plans.I told them that I would be taking my kid to my kid's  friend's birthday party and would like to use rest of the time for revision(hopefully my plan works-most of the time my study plan for Arshi won;t work out unless there is  any emergency-test tommorow).Later they asked me that I didn't include my hubby in any of these activities and I had been talking only about my kid.Am thinking am I gone too mummy mummy stuff .....still wondering.....I also got to listen to what I spoke.They called me over phone and my voice went live only after I had kept the phone.

My verdict:
1)my voice was little bit shaky,nervous
2)was talking about too kid  kid stuff.
3)it's funny to hear your voice in radio.I really meant it.Unless it is  pre planned one, we tend to be funny.I should thank I didn't sound that emphatic after all.

I learnt that speaking live isn't that easy.It's easy when we direct our kids to perform well in their show and tell.But now I realise, are we ourselves perfectionist?I think  I got something to think about and later act about.Till my next status or blog post, have  great time friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment