Monday 5 August 2013

NLB's My Tree House-World's 1 st green library for kids

Who says reading isn't fun or kids fuss to read or we should behave properly when being in a  library or we shouldn't play there.If so, then bring your kids to this library I had been recently.I had taken Arshi to NLB's My Tree House-World's 1 st green library for kids.Its located at the Central Library ,National Library Building's Basement 1.This green library was opened this May 31 st 2013.I had heard of that before,but got a  chance to take Arshi only recently.I was surprised when I saw everything green-don't get me wrong-most of the materials used in the deco of the kid's library were made from recycled materials.Myself and Arshi loved the very sight of the library.It was more like  a place where kids can have fun.There was a big tree house and kids can go upstairs and study their books. Arshi loved the place.


The entrance itself looks so cool...Am sure your kid is gonna nag you if they see this picture.....



Some of the places kids love to read and play at the same time
 There were many corners where kids can actively engaged in playing which is seldom allowed in public libraries.

Arshi and other kids having fun at the tree house
 If you look carefully, you can see that the push chair Arshi is playing with and the chair that others are using are the same.A same chair can be used in two different ways-For play as well as seating purpose.I really loved that idea of converting a chair into a play swing for kids.How nice, if I had one for myself. Hmmmn........Kids have puzzle mats to play and jump with too....How lovely.Am just thinking if I can also turn to a kid and join these little ones.
am luving this place

The borrowing station is also kid friendly.Kids can borrow their own books, as the borrowing stations are built keeping in mind their size.

borrowing stations-just right for the kids to use 
 Many origami patterns were used here and there to decorate the exteriors of the library.


If you happen to be in My Tree House, do look around for these objects around there.


Do check out  for these cardboard structures  which are erected here and there around the library.They are erected in conjunction with the opening of  the Tree House.


These are just a  few things I explored there.There were game stations for kids and many more things.So maybe next time I visit the place, I should try to cover the whole place.

If you happen to be around Singapore and have a kid, then I would suggest that you take your kids to this place .They will enjoy every minute they spent there. Arshi was upset when I had to take her back.But I have promised that I would bring her back for more fun.NLB building is located at Victoria Street along Brash Basha road. You can alight at Bugis MRT too to reach this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment