Wednesday 11 September 2013

Singapore Night Festival 2013 week 2

As promised I went for Singapore Night Festival for the second week too.There were different array of programs and Arshi enjoyed them.This time my hubby joined  us for  some fun .

I walked along NMS andSAM.Found that the museum looks cool at every direction we look.



I took Arshi to SAM's Art Garden.I didn't know it was their last week.As she had missed it the previous week, I had promised her to take her this week.Luckily, I  got spared of Arshi's harsh looks.She enjoyed her Second Art Garden Visit too.As we were familiar with it we moved across galleries quite fast.This time around, I loved all galleries. I loved the enchanted garden City very much and even spotted Merlions in the pond which I had missed during my previous visit.


I paid more attention  to the art installations and their briefings.As usual took some snaps of Arshi before leaving.








I personally feel, the art garden could have been open till midnight for all to get a  chance to enjoy the place.Maybe next year, when the Singapore night festival is planned , they can have Art Garden extended till midnight just like last year.

My detailed blog post on Art Garden 2013 during my previous visit :http://akilaganesan.blogspot.sg/2013/05/art-garden-sam-8q.html

Later I took Arshi for Uriyadi, which took place in Bugis Krishna Temple where butter pots are broken and it was fun to see as it was first time for both myself and Arshi.As Uriyadi was near the open place, I would encourage public to join in the fun.Uriyadi is done in celebration  of Gokulasthami, the birth of Lord Krishna.Some clippings from that day;





The Uriyadi Krishnar







Later I took Arshi to see Caption in SAM.We loved the light pattern.



I saw lot of people standing in a  corner and doing something in SAM facade.I took Arshi there and I found out that we can move the patterns of the lightnings ourselves.So cool isn't?We loved the idea of engaging the audience.



Arshi looked cool amidst colors.




We had  a glimpse of

 where we can write our own Singapore story and they would be enacted before us.Cool right.....

This time around, I made sure to have glimpse of Palomas -

day/night view




Took some long shots of SAM  during night lights.



We also got to see sneak preview of Lightseeker, a musical that would be performed in Resorts World Sentosa from 24 November 2013.




I also got to see the LED manipulations by Stralight Alchemy at NMS's open space near Banyan Tree.I remember they were the one who performed the fire show last week.




We also saw a glimpse of the "Moon Grazing" in NMS Facade.



We rushed to NMS where everyone was waiting for "Magic Babe" Ning's magic performance of her escaping from water vault.The place was too crowded.I guess, we should have come a  little earlier. Arshi was lucky for my hubby had accompanied us this time and he was in charge of  carrying Arshi and  I should say,Arshi would have a had  a  better view than us as she was tall now.Another daughter-dad bonding moment-thanks to the crowd.....I loved the performance.I could see from far off and managed to get few glimpses. Arshi was in all praise of the daring performance.




Before heading back home , we hoped on  to see the "Paperplanes" once again.



There was balloon sculptures for all.

This time around, I managed to snap Arshi with a  group of stilt walkers.




So that's it.End of  our second visit to Singapore Night Festival 2013.There were still many places to cover,so many programs .This second week we covered lesser places compared to first week, but I am pretty well happy that we got chance to be here for second week too.I should thank Arshi who never complained of leg pain or sleep during these two nights and for braving the crowd and making a  fantastic night for us.I feel it was great that we managed to watch both Uriyadi at Krishnar temple,and night festival thanks to its proximity. Krishnar Temple and SAM are just 5 minutes walk away from each other.

You can read about my week one of Singapore Night Festival 2013  here:http://akilaganesan.blogspot.sg/2013/08/singapore-night-festival-2013.html



No comments:

Post a Comment