Tuesday 9 July 2013

India trip 2013


We are back to Singapore after a month long stay in India.My hubby came along to Changi Airport to drop us off .We were scheduled to take off at around 8.15 Am on June 7,2013 but, the flight to Chennai was delayed by 2 hours.We had ample time left with us.We did our favorite task of exploring places inside the Changi Airport itself.


even took sky train,Arshi's favourite .A snap of the Changi Airport's tower from the train.

We headed to our house in Chennai after reaching India.



Raga Nivas-the name of our house there .It means a place where  music lives.

Arshi got a  chance to watch her favourite cartoon characters and I was forced to watch with her  non stop.We met our relatives and went to a few temples as well.The trip wasn't as hectic as expected.My father fell ill  and had to be in ICU because of low sugar , but luckily he recovered soon and made my holiday more meaningful.I also took my motherinlaaw to  doctor and had her examined and found she has pressure and cholesterol. which are common for aged people.But it was a n alert for us as we had to keep a check on what she eats.Other than visiting hospitals,the trip was a enjoyable one. Arshi got to see cattles on the roadside roaming freely.Here in Singapore, it is a  rarity to see cows and goats.Arshi gets to see cow during Pongal celebration.


a calf drinking its food

goats

I attended a  wedding .It was wedding of my motherinlaw's  cousin bro's daughter.We stayed for 2 days in the wedding mandap(hall) and I had the opportunity to show Indian Brahmin wedding to my Arshi.She had forgotten my bro's wedding.So this was something new for her.Some snaps I took at the wedding.






getting henna art in her hand during the wedding.




the background is that of veg sculptures.All are hand carving  using different veggies.


with  my hubby's periyammma(big aunt)

my sis in law's motherinlaw, my mother in law and Arshi...



the bride and the groom

We also paid visit to  a temple near by.The temple has a  history of lava kucha workshipping Lord Shiva,Luckily, it was  also  a pradosham day, auspicious  to Lord Shiva.




My hubby joined us at India after 2  weeks.After my hubby came to India, we headed to Srirangam, and went to our family dieties temple in Siruvachur where Madhurakali amman's temple is there.It was the place where Arshi's ear piercing ceremony took place.



We also visited Tiruvanalikovil temple.The goddess is Akilandeswari .My name was named after this goddess as my paternal grandma used to visit this temple every Friday.





with temple elephant.All major temples there have an elephant.



and Srirangam temple during this one day trip  to Trichy.

This Gopuram-Usually the entrance of any Hindu temple(tower) is Asia's tallest Gopuram tower.


Arshi enjoyed her day.


She was also treated with ice-cream from Michell's.

Made from pure milk and this one is hand made.A big pot of milk was boiling  there.I forgot to take a  snap of that.oops....


Those in Trichy would be familiar with this.Myself and my hubby who spent our college days at this place, remembered Michell's ice cream.what a   co-incidence.Though, we studied at different years and didn't know each other before marriage we had same love for this Michell'e ice cream.
In Cudddalore, we went to our family deity's temple .A few snaps of that.



All these statues are hand made and are offered to the God as  offering.Even we offered such hand made small horse during Arshi's first birthday.

My hubby also took her to his village where Ramar madam's kumbabhisegam took place.Unfortunately he didn't take any photos as he didn't take camera with him.

Now after all the trips  to temple and villages in India, now  we are back to Singapore.Arshi has gone to school.Yesterday she came home   with a  load of pages to be  completed and we were doing overtime work as we had overstayed there for  a week  even after her school had reopened.Sometimes you need to work :->

No comments:

Post a Comment