Wednesday 31 July 2013

Singapore Heritage Fest 2013-City Square mall 'Magical Moments’

This Friday I took Arshi to a place that would fascinate everybody.I took her to City Square Mall to take  a peek on "Magical Moments".The heritage of magic in Singapore and the local magicians , their tricks were explained in the exhibit in  an interesting way.Some of the props they used were displayed too.There were a row of magical shows for kids and I was sure to bring Arshi the next day.
A glimpse of what was there at the Exhibit.










So, this Saturday I headed to City Square mall and watched 2 performances.I was too late, but never mind, I managed to see 2 magic acts both done by local talents who have already marked their names in the Magical history of Singapore. Arshi enjoyed it a lot.I could see happiness in almost everyone's face including adults.Even my hubby who came for the Saturday's event was enjoying the show.


Caption Amazing in action.I loved this part where he was using ventriloquism technique which attracts all kids and sharing the heritage of Singapore in an interesting way.He explained how Singapore got its name and many more things about our national flower Orchid.

we also love the Kit and Kai Show where the duo performed without usage of words.they were very interactive and involved the audience too in their performance. They even involved me as I was taking pictures of them by giving poses.I loved it.



Even I got  a chance to participate in a stage game by using sign language to tell words along with an audience and managed to get $10 fairprice voucher.My hubby didn't take pictures of mine while being in the stage. Opps.....

Click here    to see my blog post on my visit to Century Square on Monumental Weddings.
and   here   to Bugis Junction on Swingling Sixties-the musical history of the past Singapore.

Singapore Heritage board is taking its very best efforts to bring the heritage of Singapore to the heartlands. I hope many would have gained some knowledge about Singapore's past culture and Heritage by being at these hubs and for those who have been living here for long or for naturalized Singaporeans, these exhibits would have been a remembering story for them-of their own childhood days,wedding in those days,and many more.Though I was there only to 3 hubs ,I learnt a few things about Singapore.I hope in the days to come the special performance maybe extended to more days rather then on weekends and the hours too may be extended.As such almost all hubs had their special performances starting form around 1.00 pm and they ended by around 6.00 pm which I feel is too short.Maybe if the special performance were there throughout the day with some gaps in between maybe the exhibit could have attracted even more audience as I feel the real shopping crowd comes mostly in the evening.By  the time they come, the show would have ended.More publicity measures could have also been taken so the news of  the exhibit reaches the maximum number of target audience.I loved the way the three exhibits I visited over the  last 2 weekends was organised and hoped I could cover many more hubs.But time was the major constraint.

No comments:

Post a Comment