Sunday 28 July 2013

Singapore Heritage Fest 2013_ Bugis Junction



As promised last week, I headed not to just 1 place but 2 different places this Friday to have a peek into Heritage Fest.Hope the programs were spread throughout the weekday too so that heartlanders would have time to enjoy all the hubs.This Friday, I went to Bugis Junction .Though there weren't any special events, it was my first visit to Bugis Junction.I loved the architecture of the mall.It was set up reminding anyone of the olden eras.I loved the design of the sign boards.Take a look yourself.I wonder how I had missed this mall all these years.

‘The Swinging Sixties’ exhibit.I went thru the exhibit but failed to take pics of them.I could relate yo certain things.

A loud speaker I found in the exhibit.I remember having this at my grandpa's house too.Just got reminded of him as he got  a collection of cassettes ranging from Tamil film songs, to devotional songs,Hindi songs,pop songs and everything.He had dedicated  room for it.Sometimes speaking of heritage, brings back old memories, no matter where you stay.I could see form these exhibits, people had shared almost same passion,childhood games in different parts of Asia-India and Singapore.I too remember many boys playing marbles, girls playing hopscotch and lots more in common.







loved the sign board
3D art in front of  Bugis+


the lamp posts looked traditional.

Maybe I should have come during weekends to know more .But I did enjoy exploring this place I have never been before.


Click here to read my blog post on Heritage Fest on Monumental Weddings at Century Square and   here   to see blog post about Magical Moments at City Square Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment