Wednesday 12 March 2014

Arshi has a new obsession-Writing cards

Arshi has   got  a new obsession-that of  making cards to almost all in her  close circle.She has  made  a  card  for  her friends, her teacher who is  soon going for  her maternity leave and to myself too.She is using different techniques when making cards.She is  trying to make pop out cards, cards made out of    simple paper , few drawing  and  a  message.I encourage her to make cards as  it improves her language skill as well as  builds up her  creativity. I have  noticed that many of  her  other friends  do  write  such cards. These girls  write cards to their friends and  expect  to get back a  reply as  well.I managed to take glimpse of  few of  her  cards, whereas  she  tries  to maintain secrecy in some(She fears I tend  to find  spelling mistake in almost all her  cards and  she  has   to erase the wrongly written words with the correct spelling ).I think children of this  age group like  to explore new things as  they are learning.She is making cards,letters for different occasions-For birthday,valentine day, casual hi type  letters,bye,bye letter to her friend who is  moving to  a new school this  week.I find casual "hi" type letters more popular with girls here.This is  where most girls tend to be  secretive.I have  read a  few letters and   found   a  common thing which says that the receiver of the letter is the writer's best friend, cute, kind  soul etc etc......I think by now  Arshi would have   written some 3-4 letters to her close circle of  friends(with almost same message ,saving different names for each letter).I missed out taking pictures of  many of her cards to her friends.I found  Arshi received  quite   a few number of  cards from her friends too.All of  them are amazingly creative.I think I should arm my cameras and spy them for more fun.Enjoy looking at some of  the cards made by Arshi.......


This simple card was for me & my hubby for valentine's day(I don't know  why she  choose  a  very simple one  for me and  my hubby.)She had  made  a  valentine card from paper plate for her teacher.It was very beautiful, but I forgot  to take pictures of that.
A letter to her teacher





A note she wrote on Total Defence exhibit.it was indeed surprising for her  to thank us.I was very touched......

A card  to thank her teacher
A card to her friend
Does your child tries something like my child.Do share them me.I would love  to hear them from you too about your child's  learning journey through creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment