Sunday 17 March 2013

Missing Tooth

Back to blog about Arshi's missing tooth. Wondering why to blog about it?Well.It all started about 2 weeks back when Arshi complained of severe tooth ache and she was struggling with her shaken tooth.I first took it lightly as it was her first milky teeth to begin shaking.I was even given suggestions from a few friends to get the tooth removed from the school dentist and some of us felt, it was better to let the tooth fall by itself.She was struggling hard.She wasn't able to eat anything the couple of days.Last Friday  when she went to bed, she had tooth, but when she woke up this Saturday, her tooth went missing.We had searching spree in our house.The search for the missing tooth began in the bed and continued looking in the hall.We couldn't locate it.I had  a small fear in my mind, if it had been swallowed by her maybe during her dinner or so......Luckily my hubby saw a small little milky tooth in the floor and to be true, I was relived.The drama didn't end here.Arshi for the past one year had been expecting tooth fairy to take away her tooth and give some gift.During the night, I went to bed early as I had just come from my IAEC's bonding night .Didn't realize when these people slept.To my surprise, when I was cooking in my kitchen,I heard Arshi shouting with joy.I just peeped in and saw $11 in her hands.She told me tooth fairy had kept the money for her.But she was wondering why the tooth fairy din't take away her tooth.The previous night, this little girl had placed her teeth under her pillow and expected tooth fairy for a gift.Guess who would have given her the gift?She was still skeptical of whether really tooth fairy kept the gift or us.Before I end this post, when my hubby asked her why should tooth fairy give gifts to children, she had an interesting story.Sure, it has come from her imagination.Tooth fairies take away the tooth to their kingdom and sell the tooth to other fairies and from the proceeds from the sale, they were able to survive for themselves(food, clothing etc according to her) and from the remaining money, they were able to give as gifts to the kids.The milky tooth were considered as gold and diamond in their kingdom.Really kids are super smart these days and too creative beyond our imagination.Only thing is we have to have lend our ears for them and we can be in our own fantasy world.The poor tooth fairy(!!!!) did one mistake.It didn't take away her teeth.Maybe it didn't remember!!!!Arshi is now expecting her other teeth to fall.My hubby quickly told her, Tooth fairies will give gift only for the first tooth .Who knows, maybe the tooth fairy would have told my hubby of this.Hehehehe....

No comments:

Post a Comment