Thursday 21 March 2013

Kindness-some lessons learnt

It's March holidays and we started the week long holidays with a visit to Smarts kids Asia.For a record, we were there for 2 days.Yeah, believe me.Friday,was there for almost 2 hours and then again on Sunday, was there for almost   a whole afternoon and evening.What really fascinated me most was Singapore Kindness Movement's Kindsville.It was a cute booth with Singa characters and most importantly, they had some important message for the kids- how to be gracious, considerate.






Arshi was all OK till yesterday where the magic of Singa and friends had set up in her.Yesterday I took her to Tampines Regional Library as there was a performance from TPSS students on respect.They were taught about the importance of giving respect through  2  short skits by students.After the show, the kids got  to make their own kindness card.Everything was going smooth.I was wondering if Arshi had become a good girl.After our return from temple yesterday night, she again saw the signs of being gracious in bus and she started to discuss about being kind and gracious  and the booths she saw in the fair.I was glad, she remembered them well.I was further teaching her the importance of being kind.But to my shock, she said a statement I couldn't accept.She said, it isn't practical to be kind all the time and if we are too kind and if  others are bullying or dominating you, the next time  you try to be kind, they will try to be more adamant in their stands.I knew Arshi is wrong.But , she was right .These days all kids are too smart.She was saying "You can't be kind all the time.No way." Again , after walking from the bus, she helped me take a small bag by carrying them.I forgot to say "Thank you".She was upset.I had  to tell her that while helping, you can't always expect to be thanked.But we need to continue  with our good deeds.She was refuting to that as well.Now  I knew, I should thank my little girl to motivate her in all the good deed she does and maybe act as her positive role model.Hope she will learn the importance of kindness one day-to be really kind and be really helpful to others without any expectation.As parents we should be considerate, gracious,helpful to influence our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment