Friday 9 November 2018

Navrathri 2018
































Ck has grown up as a naughty toddler and it is almost difficult for us to keep any thing in its place .I was wondering for long time where I should be keeping our golu and the final moment hubby told that we can keep it simple in a kitchen cabinet .I was sceptical at first.How am I supposed to keep golu steps there .that too in a kitchen cabinet.I cleared a cabinet and after some brainstorming Got a simple idea.In fact this year my golu had small improvements over the next few days. Oct there was Navrathri.Luckily Arshi's PSLE was over and we were free from that stress.

I invited a few friends and went to few houses too.This year it wasn't a gala event.First day my friend Niveditha came and chanted few bhajans for Krishna.Hare Rama Hare Krishna.We are here because of Almighty's blessings.
First look.This golu took many little makeovers over the days







Later I added new step separately and moved some bommais from main golu to this.




This is closeup of the separate step .

And the look of the cabinet golu :





You can see few changes if you take a closer look.

This was set up on Amavasya night. Arshi and hubby werent much satisfied. So ,I changed a little bit later the next morning as Amavasya was still there.







I felt this looked a little boring .The long rack .So I added a little bit design and decorations using plastic covers to make it more nice.Not sure if it turned out for the purpose it was made.
Arshi's friend Lakshana made few beautiful origami butterflies and flowers and passed then to my friend and her mom  Kayal.I pasted then to my golu and they looked beautiful.






Later when  Lakshana came home later 2 days after her mom came ,she too bought few origami decos and we included that too in our golu.Later that Saturday we went to my friend's house and Arshi's inspiration and model sister Prathisksha gifted Arshi a doll and I incorporated that too in pot golu along with a Lakshmi idol my friend gifted me.

Here they are:


Navrathri Thursday was my Hubby's birthday and myself and Arshi wanted to surprise hubby and Arshi made an eggless cake and also made icing .Hubby was surprised and that night he cut the cake.He rarely celebrates his birthday and I remember it is second time cutting cake and definitely first time cutting a cake by Arshi as she is slowly learning baking .





With Lakshana and CK photobombs it

This beautiful dress was gifted by Lakshmi my close friend during Navrathri when she came over to my place .I forgot to take a picture of her as she was in a hurry .


This was taken during Dhandiya night and as I was volunteer with my CC I too joined in volunteering .



Navrathri and Saraswathi pooja in Sri Veeramakali Amman koil

Krishnar koil


Navrathri dress


Saraswathi pooja


Arshi and her friend Vinidra




It was fun filled Navrathri and both Arshi and CK enjoyed a lot.It is that time of the year where myself and Arshi wear traditional dresses.Looking forward to next year's Navrathri .May goddess shower her blessings on all.

No comments:

Post a Comment