Monday 25 May 2015

A story writing webpage-Storybird.com

I recently came across Storybird.com.Its a  webpage where kids can write their own stories.I read Arshi's friend's story here and Arshi was also eager to write her own story and share it there.Once we create our  account which is  free, we can write our stories and then publish it online.I am still new to storybird.com and  we are just exploring what is  in the webpage.There are many illustrations readily available and we have to use those pictures as a base to write our  story.Arshi's maiden attempt writing a story for online purpose.

She had previously written a short story in a  form of  a  book(handwritten story).I had kept it somewhere and  will publish it here if  I find them in future.She wrote the story during her December school holidays.

Arshi's story "Ballet lessons" in storybird.com

Click on the link and read her simple story about two siblings.Just browse through the pages.As you click the link you will be directed to her story's cover page.Navigate across and see each pages.there are a total of 4 pages in her story.

My review of  her story or  rather my criticisms as you may say:
-It's too simple
-Its more like a composition passage rather than a story for me.
-It could have been more elaborate
-There was no link between ballet lesson and the story ending or  why the siblings didn't like each other.I felt , that aspect could have been dealt in detail.
-There are some missing links that could have been filled
-There could have been more brainstorming and pre planning done before she writes her story.

p.s.- I typed the story for her while she was dictating.

Never mind, as Arshi says.It's just her beginning stage and hope she continues writing more stories in future in a  creative way.I will keep sharing the link of her new stories if  she tries to continue writing in future too in this blog.

Hope you enjoyed reading Arshi's story and also came across this nice webpage https://storybird.com/ .If you are an aspiring writer or  would like your kids to share their stories, I think this is a  great platform for them to do so.

Till my next blogpost, have a  blessed week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment