Sunday 13 April 2014

Singapore's Spring Bloom



For the first time after I have come to Singapore, I have experienced spring blooms along this island nation.I could see rows of pink blooms filling the trees. In fact there was mass flowering in the trees as  it was  flowering after a  relatively long dry spell.It just looked  like Japan's  Sakura bloom in the spring time.I had  seen the Singapore bloom so many times  along train  and  bus  raids but couldn't snap  any picture as  I was on move .I was lucky enough to get last glimpse of the Singapore bloom this weekend when I decided to bring Arshi to my nearby  park- Tampines Sun Plaza Park.Though there weren't many flowers in the trees, as it had rained the previous few days.But there was some floral carpet spread across making us possible  for  a small photo shoot with Arshi as   my model.......

This spring pink blossom is   fondly nicknamed and called the "Sakulah" -Singapore's very own Sakura.Isn't the name very nice  just like Uniquely Singapore.







Akila Ganesan's photo.
White Trumpet tree's flowers



Photo: The pink trumpet tree


Photo: white trumpet flowers




Pink trumpet tree's flowers







A closeup view of the pink Trumpet flower, so fondly called as our Sakulah

Along side Griffits school last week.But when I went this week, I couldn't see any flower.The picture looks blur  as it was taken from my cell and  it was also showering that day.So there is darkness in this picture.


alongside Griffits school,Tampines
Photo
at City Square Mall


Tampines Park
Now some yellow blooms :







a yellow bloom







Tampines Park

Golden Shower tree

near Tampines Street 12

Now after the pink fever, yellow fever is in the town,These trees found alongside HDB s are visual beauty and I can find them almost every where.







Hope you enjoyed seeing the beautiful pictures of  Singapore booms as well as that of  Arshi in it.Hope ,Arshi has done her job as a model pretty well.

The pictures below were not taken by me , but were taken by other readers and I got  it from NP-National Park's NP's Facebook page:

Felt I simply couldn't resist sharing with you these beautiful sight.So sharing some great pictures by others.








John Lynn's photo.    Lim Cheng Ai's photo.  Soh Kian Beng's photo.  Shirley Chew's photo.  Vicky Gwee's photo.

Photo Coutesy:NP Parks facebook page

Aren't they simply lovely visual treat.

I learnt an important lesson this week-enjoy nature's beauty when it is there before your eyes before it is too long.We witnessed Singapore Bloom and  it is simply so beautiful.I regret for not taking many pics of the bloom then.But still managed to get some good glimpse of the bloom.From the pink bloom , now it is  turning to yellow  bloom and   we are enjoying every bit of  nature's beauty.

Now eagerly looking forward to next year's edition of  Singapore Blooms , and hope our mother nature won't disappoint us next year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment