Monday 1 April 2013

School gate and "ee ki maatraa"

I was dropping Arshi at school today.We usually takes the secondary school gate to go and her teacher disperses the students from the primary school This is  a  ritual, we have been following ever since Arshi is going to her Primary school. Primary school is together with Secondary school sharing the same campus.But they both have different gates, one on each side of the road.Today she suddenly asked me, "as we pass thru secondary gate to school and then come back from the primary gate, the pattern does look similar to Hindi's "ee " ki matraa.Arshi has been learning Hindi nowadays(of-course with lot of tears).I stopped for   a while  and yes , she was right.The pattern does look like what she had mentioned.You never know, when kids have their creative juices flowing- even when we are late and rushing to school so early in the morning.Toady I learnt another lesson from this little girl of mine-maybe if your child feels some subjects boring, we can use some practical examples,things around us and teach them.I know Hindi ever since I started going to School.But, I could never relate any alphabet to anything around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment