Wednesday 30 July 2014

Trip to India- June 2014

Been busy with Arshi and so couldn't blog   for  a  few days and  I was   away to India as  well.My apologies  for not being that active in blogging.

As Usual I went to India for a month and I should say, this trip was more of  meeting your family than sight seeing as the weather was too hot.So we dug our self inside our house most of the time that too in AC rooms.Arshi had  her share of  tummy aches in between our trips  thanks to the too hot sun.This trip to some extent was special as we were about to see my younger sister in law after almost 4 years.Arshi was very eager to meet her aunt.My younger sis in law  Praveena is staying in USA and  would visit India very rarely as  she was too busy with her own life style.This trip has  its  own ups and  downs.Happier moments were when we spent time as a  family.But there were some  unexpected  twists too.My father and my bro had   come to the airport to pick us  up and  drop us in my mother-in -laws house.As soon as   reached Chennai Airport, I learnt that my mother had  chicken pox.It was   my first blow.I didn't expect it to happen it at the very beginning.It meant I couldn't see  my mom till she gets cured and it also meant, my stay with her would be cut short.We may grow older, but we are always our mother's kids .No matter how  old  you may get, you will always  have an urge to be with your mom , especially i f  you are going to meet her after a  year.

As I was feeling pained by my mother getting chicken pox, the very next day, I was informed by my parents that My brother too got chicken pox.All I could do from my inlaws place was pray for them and  that they get recovered soon.

My elder sis-in-law came to see us and left in 2  days.After that spending time was really tough.We were waiting for 14 th of  June  when both my hubby as  well as  my younger sis -in -law would be  coming to India.I should also say that those 1  week were our rest period.

Soon the time came  when we  met my sis in law.My mother inlaw  had  planned  for  a detailed pilgrimage trip for a week.We went to our village, Cuddalore for a week and so officially began our holiday trip.Can you imagine the  joy this little girl would have had with her dad,grandma,two aunts, uncles and all her cousins  surrounding her and  showering her with all their love?Arshi was in fact very much delighted and I think she would have had  her best times this holiday being in Cuddalore.

Let me  share seem pictures taken during my trip.This trip, I didn't manage to take many pictures as I had   forgot  to bring my camera along when I went out or  was  busy with the prayer preparations that I had  little  or  almost no time to snap away the happier moments we  spent as a family.



off to India(Changi Airport)

with my patti(paternal grandma)

cousins

sis in law

pooja in my Cuddlaore house

All donned up for pooja

Arshi's  first India movie  experience in a  thereat.

happy b'day akkaSashank- my nephew giving cake to his mom.

happy couples

large dosa

one of  our family  temple


with attai(aunt)

fun time

playing in  sand

time to pose

my maternal grandpa and grandma.grandma. They came all the way from village to see us.Feeling touched by their love.

pooja in my bro's house

bro's  pooja room(prayer room)


bonding time

madisar maami(myself in traditional Madisar- a  brahmin style dress for ladies)

kulfi time
 Now   some  photo time with all:


patti



my parents

we three

praveena akka,kavin

with amma,Madhu

Suresh Attimber




my motherinlaw

off to Singapore, bye bye India !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment