Thursday 2 May 2013

Monitor for 1 1/2 months and now back to normal as a pupil

Arshi has had  a great transformation after she has entered her P1 this year.She has been learning a  lot a things apart from education.As I had mentioned a  few posts  back,She was chosen as monitor of her  class.She was too happy for that.She would proudly put her monitor badge and go to school.She used to say she finished her snack or half finish them and rush to class and mend the class.She used to help in maintaining silence in the class when the teacher was not around.She also had the previlage to carry books  from /to staff room on behalf of the teacher.All was going well until I received   an email from her form teacher.The teacher mailed me that her concentration in class has dropped in the recent times and maybe being monitor was affecting her other activities as she was stressing too much on being monitor.I knew she loved being one.The teacher herself came up with a  solution and told me that as all kids should learn to a  be a  leader, all kids were given a  month of being monitor.The very next day, the teacher had asked Arshi to get ready in front of the class and her partner and praised the kids for their role as monitor for 1  1/2 months and took away the badge.Arshi was upset throughout the day.Kids get happy easily when given  a new responsibility , they tend  to be  sad too when their role is given to others.I realized it in Arshi for the first time.We had to tell her that all kids need  a   turn to be monitor  and  now  she has got more time  to do her regular tasks like playing in the ground  during recess, finishing her snacks  fully,revising before exam and having silent reading during the class break.Furthermore,she need  not shout .Her voice will be more soft now and she can use them for  better singing.I know, I may be  blabbering to her, but I didn't know how  to console the little girl as  she felt defeated.I told her that the  teacher didn't choose another person because, Arshi  isn't capable , but because, all should be given chance and Arshi should also enjoy normal life of  a pupil.Now  after 2-3 days after the incident,she is getting back to normal.Hope one day, she is able  to adjust to  these things with ease.I am sure such lessons are necessary as  they prepare the kids for their real future when they grow up.

P/S:I didn't upload any photos of her in this post as I couldn't locate the pics now.Will do that in one  leisure day.

No comments:

Post a Comment